The How To below is provided for Building Principals and Guidance Counselors to monitor and prepare progress reports. In particular, to list which student-teacher-courses have no comments.
How to List Courses with No Comments to Prepare Progress Reports
- Note 1: Middle / High Schools currently use progress reports with grades and up to 3 comments per course and are printed and mailed by BOCES and publish to parent portal.
- Note 2: Middle / High Schools have some courses that do not require grades. Examples: AIS and Science Labs.
- Note 3: Elementary Schools currently use progress reports with no grades and up to 3 comments and are published to parent portal only.
In eSchoolData, to find courses with no comments:
- Click Academic > Performance > Marking Period Grade Search
- Select Grades: All Grades
- Select Marking Period: 05Wk or 15Wk or 25Wk or 35Wk
- Select Report Type: No Comment Report
- Click Excel icon to open excel
- In excel,
- press Ctrl-A to select all cells
- click pull down menu option DATA
- click Filter. This will cause data in each column to become categorized.
- Scroll to the right to the column labeled Selected Comments.
- Click the down arrow in the Selected Comments column, deselect Select All, click (Blanks)
If there are any student-teacher-courses listed that required comments, inform the teachers listed prior to the closing of the teacher entry date in order for the teachers to complete progress report entry.
- This will filter the student-teacher-course with no selected comments.