Message From the Superintendent:
As the summer is starting to fade, we are preparing and excited to welcome your children back to school in September. Thank you for your support and patience as we navigated the pandemic together.
Our District continues to be a Community Eligible Program District. This program provides breakfast and lunch to all enrolled students at no cost to our families and it has been a huge success. For this program to continue, we need completed forms from each family. Please complete the Eligibility form and return it to your child’s Principal. This form may also be found on our website under Departments/Food Services.
Considering your continued and overwhelming approval of our school budget, we are able to continue and initiate the following for the 2022-2023 school year:
• Continued 1-to-1 technology for our students and staff.
• Increase our contractual bus fleet by one (1) bus. There have been six (6) buses added over the last 4 years, which allows us to lower the student ratio per bus. Also, transportation will be provided to all eligible public, private, and charter school students up to a maximum of 10 miles. Please contact the Transportation Office at 716-821-5610 ext. 7768 with any questions.
• Additional teachers in the following areas: English, Social Studies, STEM, Music, Art, Physical Education/Health, Arabic, Libraries, ENL, Psychologist, Social Workers/Behavior Specialists, Speech, and Academic Intervention Services (AIS) for English and Math.
• Increased Nursing staff.
• Custodial and Cleaning Department additions.
• Continued full-time Director of Physical Education, Health, and Athletics.
In closing, I believe we are fortunate to be part of a community that places such a high value on investing in our students and schools. While we continue to work diligently for your child and our community, we ask you to be an active partner with us as we continue to move our District forward.
Keith E. Lewis
Superintendent of Schools